Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

   I've found it to be challenging lately to keep my blogs going.  Over a year!.....It's been over a year since I've posted a recipe.  That's terrible.  I decided I really needed to get a new recipe up here.  I picked one that Rachel and I made months ago. It's a really tasty & beautiful cheesecake.  It would look quite nice on a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table.


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cheesecake


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Ingredients - 

Crust
  • 1 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 c sugar melted
  • 1/3 c melted butter
  • 2 T cocoa powder
Filling 
  • 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2/3 c sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 4 oz semisweet baker's chocolate, melted
  • 3/4 c chocolate chips
Directions - 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Make the crust - In a large bowl, thoroughly mix dry crust ingredients first & then add the melted butter; mix well.  
  3. Press crust mixture firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.  
  4. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
  5. While the crust bakes, make the filling - In a large bowl, cream sugar and cream cheese together.  Beat in vanilla & add eggs one at a time; making sure each one is incorporated before adding the next.
  6. Mix in sour cream, then the melted chocolate.
  7. Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
  8. Add the filling to the hot crust. 
  9. Turn oven down to 300 degrees and put pan in the oven to bake.
  10. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until set.  It's ok if the cheesecake is has a little jiggle.  
  11. Cool on a wire rack until cheesecake reaches room temperature.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. 
Serves 12
Calories per serving - 547


pie crust 

my crazy kitchen buddy

that's better

adding the melted chocolate

so pretty & delicious

1 comment:

  1. When we say foods are high in calories, we think they must be unhealthy. We need at least some dietary fat for our hormones to function properly and to absorb minerals and vitamins. Doctors recommend not less than 15% fat from your diet.

    ReplyDelete